The new F 800 GS Adventure builds on this position. Based on the dynamic, off-road-oriented F 800 GS, the Adventure model offers an optimal combination of agility, long distance practicality and off-road capability. Following the tradition of the popular boxer-engined GS Adventure models, it provides off-road-oriented motorcycle aficionados, world travellers and enduro fans with an authentic GS Adventure experience in the mid-size segment.
The F 800 GS Adventure is powered by the ever popular, liquid-cooled 798 cc four-valve twin-cylinder engine as featured on the F 800 GS, with electronic fuel injection, closed-loop catalytic converter and six-speed transmission. Developing unchanged maximum power of 63 kW at 7,500 rpm, and with maximum torque of 83 Nm at 5,750 rpm, this power plant impresses with quick and lively response, powerful torque and low fuel consumption.
Engineered and equipped for world travel.
Like the F 800 GS, the Adventure model too features a robust, torsionally resistant tubular steel spaceframe, although the rear subframe is reinforced to cater for the larger, 24-litre tank (8 litres more than on the F 800 GS model), which significantly increases the bike’s range. As with all BMW motorcycles, the Adventure model is equipped with ABS as standard, while further safety- and performance-enhancing systems –Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) – are available as factory-fitted optional extras. These features position the BMW F 800 GS Adventure, along with the F 800 GS, as the safest mid-size touring enduro on the market.
As another optional extra, the new F 800 GS Adventure is available with Enduro mode as part of a package featuring ASC. At the press of a button, the rider can increase the slip threshold of the ABS and ASC systems when heading off-road, for an even more dynamic riding experience and with improved acceleration and braking on loose terrain.
The F 800 GS Adventure boasts new, aggressive bodywork styling that underlines its globetrotting abilities, while a new, very comfortable seat, a larger windscreen for improved protection against the elements and hand protectors also support this image. Other new standard specification on the F 800 GS Adventure includes wide off-road foot pegs, an adjustable, reinforced rear brake lever, an engine protection bar and a pannier rack which also functions as a tank protection bar.
Highlights of the new BMW F 800 GS Adventure:
• Based on the same versatile overall concept as the F 800 GS, with powerful twin-cylinder engine and agile suspension, but with enhanced off-road and globetrotting abilities.
• Aggressive GS Adventure bodywork styling.
• Larger, 24-litre fuel tank (+ 8 litres).
• Extended range (by approx. 120 km).
• ABS as standard.
• ASC as a factory-fitted optional extra.
• Enduro mode as a new optional extra, in combination with ASC.
• Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) as a factory-fitted optional extra.
• Reinforced rear subframe.
• Off road tyres.
• Even more comfortable seat.
• Large windscreen.
• LED auxiliary headlight as standard
• LED indicators as standard.
• Wide off-road foot pegs.
• Adjustable, reinforced rear brake lever.
• Engine protection bar.
• Pannier rack also serves as a tank protection bar.
• Comfort package: on-board computer, heated grips, pannier mounts, centre stand as standard.
• Wide range of special accessories and ex-works optional extras.
Australian specification and pricing:
• BMW F 800 GS Adventure. $18,550*
• Standard Features
o Comfort package:
o LED auxiliary lights.
o LED turn indicators.
o Off-road tyres.
o Enduro Package $580
Off-road mode for ASC/ABS
o ESA $450
o ASC $385
o Anti Theft Alarm $505
o Seat Low $0
The Honda Kids Pack will excite every Honda fan. Valued at $310 (includes GST) the pack includes a H...
HART St Ives have launched an all new RoadSkills course designed to train riders in real life road s...
Honda's 2014 TRX420 line-up will impress loyal fans with their completely new frames, updated suspen...