BMW GS has signified universal motorcycling pleasure for more than 35 years: ‘GS’ embodies the ideal combination of touring and long distance suitability, dynamic performance and off-road capability. This applies especially to the BMW GS motorcycles with the boxer engine. They are the perfect companions in extreme conditions when it comes to exploring the most remote corners of the earth.
The unique concept of the R 1200 GS, with its down-to-earth character and powerful high-torque engine, thrills a large number of motorcycle fans all over the world. For this reason, it has dominated its market segment for many years and is the top-seller within the BMW Motorrad model range globally and in Australia.
With the new R 1200 GS, BMW Motorrad expands the GS portfolio with additional product enhancements and the extension of the motorcycle’s properties. For the first time, customers can opt for an enduro or distinguished style to suit its intended purpose with the style packages ‘Dynamic’ and ‘Touring’. The Dynamic and Touring packages are optional on the base R 1200 GS and Rallye models.
The most popular adventure bike in the world, the R 1200 GS has been further advanced. Designed for even greater versatility, it taps into a previously-unknown breadth of properties, ranging from dynamic performance to comfort and off-road suitability. This is due to selective improvements, new features and an expanded program of optional equipment and accessories.
Let’s look at the highlights:
- All-new R 1200 GS offered in four model variants – the BMW R 1200 GS, BMW R 1200 GS Rallye, BMW R 1200 GS Rallye X and the BMW R 1200 GS Tour.
- BMW R 1200 GS Australian pricing confirmed:
- The entry level R 1200 GS is available from $21,850*
- R 1200 GS Rallye from $23,050*
- Off-road specified R 1200 GS Rallye X starts from $27,250*
- Range-topping R 1200 GS Tour is priced from $27,250*
- Boxer engine with new catalytic converter and adapted data status to meet EU4 requirements and an unchanged output of 92 kW (125 hp) at 7,750 rpm.
- New appearance with visually enhanced robustness.
- More marked styling and attractive colour options.
- Even more ergonomic options with numerous seat heights and seat variants.
- Significantly wider spread of model variations from the basic version to the refined R 1200 GS Tour through to the R 1200 GS Rallye and R 1200 GS Rallye X for riders with off-road aspirations.
- R 1200 GS Rallye and Rallye X – new versions with additional product substance.
- Innovative functions provided by the latest generation of Dynamic ESA: automatic damping mode and automatic self-levelling suspension for a new riding experience.
- Riding Modes Pro with DTC, Hill Start Control and the new customisable modes Dynamic Pro and Enduro Pro as optional equipment on the entry model and Rallye while standard on the Rallye X and Tour.
- New optional accessories such as cylinder protection bracket, topcase for two helmets and off-road protection parts as well as radiator guard and frame guard.
BMW R 1200 GS Australian Pricing*:
|BMW R 1200 GS:||$21,850*|
|BMW R 1200 GS Rallye:||$23,050*|
|BMW R 1200 GS Rallye X:||$27,250*|
|BMW R 1200 GS Tour:||$27,250*|
* Manufacturer’s Recommended List Price is shown and includes GST– if applicable, but excludes dealer charges, stamp duty, statutory charges and on-road charges, which are additional and vary between dealers and States/Territories. Customers are advised to contact their nearest BMW dealer for all pricing inquiries.
The 2011 model of Suzuki's exciting, ready-to-race four-wheeler, the QuadRacer R450 has arrived in A...
Motocross riders wanting to see what all the fuss is about should head to Mount Kembla on Friday 6 S...
Honda is excited to announce that two brand new models in the TRX range will be debuting at Agquip F...