- BMW launches first core brand iPerformance plug-in hybrid model with X5 xDrive40e.
- Plug-in hybrid powertrain offers a bridge between traditional IC engines and pure electric power.
- X5 xDrive40e utilises technology developed by BMW i for the groundbreaking BMW i8 sports car.
- New iPerformance model demonstrates BMW’s commitment to sustainable driving pleasure.
- Combination of four-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engine and electric motor delivers low emission, fuel-efficient motoring while retaining trademark BMW performance.
- X5 xDrive40e capable of zero emission electric-only power for short urban trips of up to 31km.
- Advanced high-voltage lithium-ion battery powers the electric motor and can be recharged from a standard domestic power outlet, through the fast, efficient BMW i Wallbox or at public charging stations.
- BMW X5 xDrive40e maintains typical X model practicality, versatility, space and intelligent all-wheel drive sporty dynamics, even under all-electric power.
- Superb performance and efficiency for X5 xDrive40e with hybrid powertrain generating maximum power of 230kW and peak torque of 450Nm enabling 0-100km/h sprint in 6.8 seconds and combined fuel consumption of 3.3l/100km.
- Three modes of operation for the intelligent powertrain control together with three-mode Driving Experience Control deliver optimum efficiency and performance tailored to driver preferences.
- Hybrid-specific features for BMW ConnectedDrive, Navigation system Professional and BMW Remote app with bespoke suspension tuning.
- BMW X5 xDrive40e on sale in May from $118,900 with BMW 330e Sedan to follow in May
Jeep has released its 2011 Grand Cherokee and we took the Laredo for a test drive. The 2011 Jeep Gra...
Nissan revised its Navara D40 model line up in February 2012 to keep up with the new model launches ...
The LandCruiser 200 series 2015 upgrade still is the yardstick by which all other large off road 4WD...