- BMW launches first core brand iPerformance plug-in hybrid model with X5 xDrive40e.
- Plug-in hybrid powertrain offers a bridge between traditional IC engines and pure electric power.
- X5 xDrive40e utilises technology developed by BMW i for the groundbreaking BMW i8 sports car.
- New iPerformance model demonstrates BMW’s commitment to sustainable driving pleasure.
- Combination of four-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engine and electric motor delivers low emission, fuel-efficient motoring while retaining trademark BMW performance.
- X5 xDrive40e capable of zero emission electric-only power for short urban trips of up to 31km.
- Advanced high-voltage lithium-ion battery powers the electric motor and can be recharged from a standard domestic power outlet, through the fast, efficient BMW i Wallbox or at public charging stations.
- BMW X5 xDrive40e maintains typical X model practicality, versatility, space and intelligent all-wheel drive sporty dynamics, even under all-electric power.
- Superb performance and efficiency for X5 xDrive40e with hybrid powertrain generating maximum power of 230kW and peak torque of 450Nm enabling 0-100km/h sprint in 6.8 seconds and combined fuel consumption of 3.3l/100km.
- Three modes of operation for the intelligent powertrain control together with three-mode Driving Experience Control deliver optimum efficiency and performance tailored to driver preferences.
- Hybrid-specific features for BMW ConnectedDrive, Navigation system Professional and BMW Remote app with bespoke suspension tuning.
- BMW X5 xDrive40e on sale in May from $118,900 with BMW 330e Sedan to follow in May
Lexus has a long history with hybrid vehicles, pioneering hybrid technology in the luxury SUV market...
It seems nothing can stand in their way. The French duo of Stéphane Peterhansel and co-driver Jean-P...
The Toyota Landcruiser 70 series is an image leader for Toyota who have built their name in Australi...