The new Ranger XLS is a feature-packed model aimed at private and small business customers. The new addition to the Ranger lineup has a Manufacturer’s List Price* of $48,090.
This brings to 22 the number of Ranger combinations available for Ford customers, including the range-topping Wildtrak.
The XLS is based on the 4×4 XL Double Cab Pick-Up 3.2-litre model and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
It features an improved exterior appearance and interior comfort over XL and bridges the gap between entry level XL and high series XLT.
This higher grade XLS comes equipped with locking rear differential, 16-inch alloy wheels, front foglights, carpeted floor coverings and additional exterior trim highlights.
“We’re excited to be able to offer the XLS to our customers, many of whom have been asking for a mid-range model between the XL and XLT,” Ford Australia General Manager Marketing, David Katic, said.
“The Ranger has been a huge hit in Australia and continues to win friends with its rugged style, performance and economy.
“Customers also appreciate the Smart technologies like Bluetooth and Voice Activation as well as Ranger’s 5-star safety rating. The Ranger was the first pickup ever to be awarded a 5-star rating by EuroNCAP.”
Since its Australian launch in October 2011, the PX Ranger has been incredibly popular with 4×4 XL and 4×4 XLT series the two most sold variants.
The 4×4 XLS shares the following standard equipment with the 4×4 XL Double Cab Pick-Up 3.2L:
• Cruise control
• Power windows and mirrors
• Remote central locking with volumetric alarm
• 3.5’’ ice blue multi-function display
• Inner and outer tie-down hooks
• Steering wheel mounted audio / cruise control buttons
• Overhead console
• 4-way manual driver seat adjuster with lumber support
• Driver and front-passenger airbags, front seat side airbags and side curtain airbags
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incorporating ABS with Emergency Brake Assist, Trailer Sway Control, Roll Over Mitigation, Hill Launch Assist, Hill Descent Control and Load Adaptive Control
• 2 child seat upper anchorage points
• 12-volt auxiliary power sockets
• Automatic headlamps
• Manual locking tailgate
• Equal segment-leading 3500kg towing capacity
• TDCi Duratorq engine with 147kW and 470Nm from 1500rpm
• 6-speed manual transmission
The 4×4 XLS features the following additional equipment standard:
4×4 XLS Double Cab Pick-Up 3.2L
• 16-inch alloy wheels
• Front fog lights
• Accent painted radiator grille in silver
• Body coloured mirror housing
• Carpet floor coverings
• Locking Rear Differential
4×4 XL Double Cab Pick-Up 3.2L
• 16-inch steel wheels
• Black radiator grille
• Black exterior mirrors
• Vinyl floor covering
• Open Rear Differential with Traction Control System
The Ranger XLS is available from Ford Dealers in May 2013.
The biggest news in Dual Cab Utes has been from Ford in the form of the all new Ford Ranger, which i...
Driving the big F350 through the camping area we were constantly stopped for people to have a look a...
There has been constant talk by Lamborghini executives about how they wanted to capture the DNA of t...