Ford Ranger and Everest to get Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, additional standard features. The popular and award-winning Ford Ranger and Everest will both gain new tech to make towing easier for Australian families in 2024.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ debuts on both Ranger and Everest to make the challenge of reversing a trailer easier than ever
- Flexible Rack System now available on Ranger Sport and Wildtrak
- Additional standard features on Everest and Ranger variants, replacing previous additional optional extras
Ford’s Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
End the stress and frustration of reversing a trailer with Ford’s Pro Trailer Backup Assist™1. Arriving as standard on selected models of Ranger and optional on Everest in 2024, Pro Trailer Backup Assist1 operates in a similar way to the system that debuted locally in F-150 in 2023, allowing you to ‘steer the trailer’, making reversing more intuitive than traditional methods.
“Because reversing a trailer requires you to turn the steering wheel left to make the trailer go to the right, it can be difficult to get your head around, even if you’ve done it loads of times,” said Zack McIntyre, advanced driver assist systems engineer, Ford.
“With Pro-Trailer Back Up Assist, you can ‘steer’ your trailer down a boat ramp quickly and easily or position your camper perfectly every time.”
Pro-Trailer Backup Assist™ will be standard on Ranger Wildtrak, Platinum and Raptor vehicle, and available as part of the optional Touring Pack on 4X4 XLT and Sport pick-up variants.
For Everest it will be available as a part of the Touring Pack on 4WD Trend and 4WD Sport vehicles, replacing the Zone Lighting and black Stand-Off Roof Rails features, which are standard from MY24.5. On Platinum series, an optional Pro Towing Pack, including both Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ and the contents of the Towing Pack, will be available replacing the standard Towing Pack option.
Next-level towing – Pro Trailer Backup Assist
Ranger and Everest are already well setup for towing, brimming with tow-friendly features, and while features like the reversing camera with hitch view1, trailer light check2 help owners connect and check their trailers, and systems like blind-spot monitoring with trailer coverage3 and an integrated brake controller4 help improve safety on the road, Pro Trailer Backup Assist1 helps owners easily and intuitively reverse their trailer once they reach their destination.
“The driver ‘steers’ the trailer via the outer ring of the drive mode controller on the centre console,” said McIntyre.
“As the driver turns the dial, the steering wheel, which the driver doesn’t need to touch during the manouevre, turns to direct the trailer where it needs to go.”
To activate the system, the driver presses the trailer icon on the drive mode selector dial and then uses the outer ring to steer the trailer. A special sticker placed on the draw bar helps the system keep track of the trailer angle when it’s being reversed.
Enhanced Work Features
In addition to the inclusion of Pro Trailer Backup Assist, Ford Australia is announcing enhancements to key Ranger variants.
From 2024, Ranger XL will now come standard with heavy-duty suspension, which consists of thicker rear springs and new front and rear dampers with a revised tune for those who regularly carry a significant load in the rear tray.
“We know many of our customers choose to option the heavy-duty suspension on XL variants, so we made the decision to make it a standard feature for those who use their Ranger for hard work,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO, Ford Australia and New Zealand.
Upgrades to the Ranger XLS make it perfect for customers looking for a workhorse with plenty of creature comforts. Both the Tech and Towing Packs which had been cost options on the XLS will now be standard features on MY24.5 models. This adds a tow bar and tongue, trailer light check5, integrated trailer brake controller and extended blind-spot monitoring6 with trailer coverage, body colour door handles, keyless entry with push-button start, dual-zone climate control, rear seat air vents and upgraded SYNC® 4A7 with Voice-Activated Controls, Built-In Satellite Navigation with one year of Connected Navigation Services, and Digital Audio (DAB+).
“We’re pleased to be able to make these important features standard on Ranger XLS,” said Birkic. “It now makes XLS a stand-out variant for those who want to get the most out of their vehicle for work, family and play.”
Flexible Rack System available on more models
Debuting as a standard feature on the Ford Ranger Platinum, and Wildtrak X special edition, the innovative Flexible Rack System will be available on more models for MY24.5.
Bringing new levels of versatility, the Ford Ranger Sport and Wildtrak can now both be optioned with the Flexible Rack system. When selected, this will replace the Sports Bar and Load Box Access Points, or Sailplane and Box Rails that are standard on the Sport and Wildtrak series respectively.
Ford Australia has also made a number of changes to both the Everest and Ranger line-ups to better reflect Australian buying habits.
A number of features that were previously optional extras will now be included from the factory, with the Everest Trend and Sport gaining Zone Lighting as standard, along with Black Stand-Off Roof Rails – previously included in the Touring Pack for 4WD and unavailable on RWD Trend and Sport vehicles.
Responding to customer preferences, a selection of Ranger and Everest variants will no longer be available as part of MY24.5. For Ranger, the XL Bi-Turbo dual-cab cab-chassis 4X2, XLS Bi-Turbo dual-cab pick-up 4X2, and XL Bi-Turbo super-cab pick-up 4X2 will no longer be available to order, while the Wildtrak X special edition will end its production run with MY24. The Everest Trend RWD will also no longer be available.
Production of the updated MY24.5 Ford Ranger and Everest range will commence in March 2024.
The recommended Manufacturer List Prices8 (MLP) for 2024.50MY Ranger, commencing production in March 2024, are detailed below.
The only variant with an MLP change is the 4×4 XLS Double Pickup 2.0L Bi-Turbo, where the previously optional Towing Pack and XLS Tech Pack are both now standard.
|4×2 XL Single CC 2.0L SiT
|4×2 XL Super CC 2.0L SiT
|4×2 XL Double PU 2.0L SiT
|4×2 XLT Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XL Single CC 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XL Super CC 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XL Double CC 2.0L SiT
|4×4 XL Double CC 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XL Double PU 2.0L SiT
|4×4 XL Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XLS Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XLT Super PU 2.0L BiT
|4×4 XLT Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4WD XLT Double CC 3.0L V6
|4WD XLT Double PU 3.0L V6
|4×4 Sport Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4WD Sport Double PU 3.0L V6
|4×4 Wildtrak Double PU 2.0L BiT
|4WD Wildtrak Double PU 3.0L V6
|4WD Platinum Double PU 3.0L V6
|Raptor Double PU 3.0L V6 EcoBoost
The recommended Manufacturer List Prices8 (MLP) for 2024.50MY Ranger options are as follows:
|Flexible Rack System – Sport & Wildtrak
|Stylish Lift & Slide Canopy (Factory fit)
|Stylish Dual Lift Canopy (Factory fit)
|Commercial Canopy (Factory fit)
|Manual Roller Shutter (Factory fit)
|XL Wheel Centre Cap Kit
|Towing Pack – XL Only
|4×4 XLT/Sport Pickup Touring Pack9
|Aux Switches – XLT C/C Only
|Wildtrak Premium Pack
|Power Roller Shutter – Raptor Only
|4×4 XL Wheel Pack
|4×4 XLT/Sport Wheel Pack
|Wildtrak Wheel Pack
|XL HD Suspension
|Towing Pack – XLS Only
|XLS Tech Pack
The recommended Manufacturer List Prices8 (MLP) for 2024.50MY Everest, commencing production in March 2024, are detailed below.
|Ambiente RWD 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel
|Ambiente 4WD 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel
|Trend 4WD 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel
|Sport RWD 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel
|Sport 4WD 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
|Platinum 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
The recommended Manufacturer List Prices8 (MLP) for 2024.50MY Everest options are as follows:
|4WD Trend / Sport Touring Pack
|Pro Towing Pack – Platinum Only
|Trend Premium Seat Pack
|Ambiente Third Row
|4WD Ambiente 18” Wheel & A/T Tyre Pack
|4WD Trend A/T Tyres
|4WD Sport 18” Wheel & A/T Tyre Pack
|Platinum 18” Wheel & A/T Tyre Pack
^Including Luxury Car Tax (LCT)
- Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the
vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
- Trailer Light Check requires a Factory Fit Tow Bar to be fitted and can be used via SYNC, or via FordPass app as a Connected Service. Where used via the app as a Connected Service, eligible vehicles receive 1 year of service from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date after which time, the Connected Service may cease to be available, or may be subject to a subscription fee. Users must have created a FordPass App account (terms apply) and have fully activated the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem to use this feature via the app.
- Trailer Coverage system supports conventional trailer dimensions: up to 2.4m wide (measured at trailer front) and up to 10m long from the rear of your vehicle. Drivers will need to create a profile of their trailers in SYNC® to support this system.
- When using the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, drivers must set the gain on the Brake Controller unit.
- Trailer Light Check requires a Genuine Ford Tow Bar to be fitted and can be used via SYNC, or via FordPass app as a Connected Service. Where used via the app as a Connected Service, eligible vehicles receive 1 year of service from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date after which time, the Connected Service may cease to be available, or may be subject to a subscription fee. Users must have created a FordPass App account (terms apply) and have fully activated the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem to use this feature via the app.
- Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. May not operate at certain speeds, or in certain driving, road or weather conditions. See Owner’s Manual for more information. Trailer Coverage system (requires a genuine factory fit tow bar) supports conventional trailer dimensions: up to 2.4m wide (measured at trailer front) and up to 10m long from the rear of your vehicle. Drivers will need to create a profile of their trailers in SYNC to support this system.
- Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Eligible vehicles receive Connected Navigation Services for 1 year from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date, after which time the Connected Navigation Services may cease to be available, or may be subject to a subscription fee. To use Connected Navigation Services, users must have created a FordPass App account (terms apply), have fully activated the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem and have SYNC Location set to ‘on’.
- Recommended MLP only. As always, the selling price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer. Prices shown exclude any Dealer delivery and statutory charges.
- 4×4 XLT/Sport Pickup Touring Pack now includes Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ in addition to 360-Degree Camera, Zone Lighting, Puddle Lamps, Cargo Management System and Auxiliary Switch Bank.