Isuzu has muscled up the very popular MUX for 2017. A multiple winner of the 7 Seat 4WD award here at OzRoamer the Isuzu MUX has slipped a little behind the competition in the last 12 months and while the sales have been successful, the vehicle needed some updating. This is a mid-life update that focusses on the Euro 5 complaint engine and comfort features.
The Isuzu MUX remains arguably the best riding and handling of the Ute based 7 Seat 4WD wagons on the market and close on the best value. Added to this basis are the 2017 improvements.
These include in brief
- Euro 5 compliant engine with more torque, increased to 430Nm from the previous engine’s output of 380Nm
- Newly designed front end with BI LED headlights with LED DRL (daytime running lights)
- New 18 inch alloy wheels
- Refined interior style
- 8 inch Sat Nav screen for LSU and LST models
- Significant reductions in NVH levels
- New Aisin AWR6B45 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with “lock-up” torque converter
- Improved audio capability with 8 speakers
- Isuzu UTE Australia Service Plus Program which includes a 5 year warranty, 5 years Roadside Assistance and 5 year/50,000 kilometre Capped Price Servicing program
These improvements go a long way to making up the lost ground to some of the competitors. The Isuzu MUX also retains its excellent value for money proposition with marginal changes in prices.
|Model Price List|
|17MY Isuzu MU-X RRP Price List||Trans||RRP
|4 x 2||7 seat SUV||LS-M||auto||$42,800||$38,909|
|4 x 2||7 seat SUV||LS-U||auto||$45,100||$41,000|
|4 x 2||7 seat SUV||LS-T||auto||$48,800||$44,364|
|4 x 4||7 seat SUV||LS-M||man||$48,000||$43,636|
|4 x 4||7 seat SUV||LS-M||auto||$50,100||$45,545|
|4 x 4||7 seat SUV||LS-U||man||$50,300||$45,727|
|4 x 4||7 seat SUV||LS-U||auto||$52,400||$47,636|
|4 x 4||7 seat SUV||LS-T||auto||$56,100||$51,000|