2019 VW Touareg Launch Edition
VW Touareg was first launched some 10 years ago and while it had updates over the years, the last iteration became a little dated and tired.
Just launched, the third generation Touareg range starts with a special launch edition that represents outstanding value compared to its closest rivals.
At $89,990 Volkswagen’s new Touareg Launch Edition beats the old model for value. Yes, really … Volkswagen’s long anticipated new Touareg Launch Edition SUV is in showrooms the first week in June with more power, luxury and equipment and vastly more advanced technology than the comparable outgoing model.
And the new one costs almost a grand less than the old one. The Launch Edition’s recommended retail price of $89,990 comes in $900 under the asking price for the previous generation Touareg 180TDI when equipped with Driver Assistant pack. Yet the new Touareg Launch Edition carries a host of advantages over its well-regarded predecessor:
VW Touareg Launch Edition Features
- 190kW/600Nm V6 turbo diesel
- 4MOTION all-wheel-drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Front Assist with City EB and Predictive Pedestrian Monitoring
- Lane Assist with Adaptive Lane Guidance
- Park Assist
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Side Assist with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Cross Traffic Assist
- Proactive Occupant Protection
- Adaptive air suspension
- Memory front seats, mirrors and electronic steering column
- Electronically-operated tailgate with Easy Open & Close
- Light Matrix LED Headlights
- 20” Braga black alloy wheels
- Savona Leather with massage, heated and ventilated front seats
- 2” Discover Pro navigation system with gesture control
- App-Connect, 4x USB ports and wireless charging
- Air Care 4-zone climate control air conditioning
- Tinted rear windows (82%)
- Rear view camera
- Keyless access and start
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers
- Driver Fatigue Detection system
- Driving profile selection with 4MOTION Active Control
- Ambient Interior Lighting
- Innovision Package $8000 • 15” Discover Premium infotainment system • 12.3” curved Active Info Display • Windshield projected Head-Up Display • Additional ambient interior lighting with 30 selectable colours.
- Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof $3000
- Metallic/Pearl effect paint $2000 (Silicone Grey, Deep Pearl Black, Reef Blue)
Later this month the New Mazda BT-50 arrives with refreshed exterior styling and new features, but w...
The new generation Audi Q7 3.0L TDi QUATTRO AWD SUV we recently tested is an excellent vehicle with ...
Outlander Exceed is a bit confused. It is an AWD SUV, but with wagon like styling. It is a seven sea...