Looking for something different to make that is exceptionally tasty and easy to prepare. Try this delicious homemade pizza!This gourmet homemade Pizza dough and exotic toppings is both a visual and taste delight. Topped with Prosciutto, figs and rocket it tastes awesome.
Makes: 2 large pizzas
Preparation time: 2 hr & 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup warm water
1 sachet of yeast
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups plain flour
75g pizza sauce
8 fresh figs, quartered
12 slices of prosciutto
olive oil to serve
Method for Dough
1. Pour 1/4 cup of the warm water and the yeast into a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes until small bubbles start to form.
2. Add the rest of the water with the oregano, salt, olive oil and stir.
3. Pour in the flour slowly, bit by bit. Mix until dough starts to form. Don’t add all the flour if not needed. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little more water.
4. Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes or until it has formed and let rest in a bowl, in a warm area, with a clean tea towel covering it for 1 hr until it has risen.
5. Carefully peel out of the bowl and knead it for 5 to 10 minutes and let it rise again for 20 minutes.
6. Cut dough in half to make the two pizza bases. Quickly knead the dough until air has escaped, then roll it out to your desired shape and 3 cm thick.
Method for Topping
1. Place the pizza sauce on both of the pizza bases, then add the quartered figs and prosciutto to the bases.
2. Add the bocconcini over the pizza and cook until the cheese has melted. (If you are lactose intolerant, the pizza is still great without the cheese!)
3. Serve with fresh rocket on top and drizzle with olive oil.
Mitsubishi Motors’ Pajero ACTiV is back for 2012 , packed with additional features and premium styli...
Want to spend a weekend with like-minded adventurers? Then check out the 9th Australian 4WD Gatherin...
Paul Freeney releases the TGB Blade 550 AR [Agro Carrier] IRS 4x4, as the Australia's first 'Crossov...