Isuzu Ute D-MAX has just launched a replacement for the popular LS-T called the X-TERRAIN. X-TERRAIN acknowledges the consumer surge in premium Utes.
This article is all about the specifications, we have an indepth drive review coming soon.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Overview
- Headlining the All-New D-MAX range, the new flagship Isuzu D-MAX X-TERRAIN combines premium features, comfort and advanced technology, making this the most advanced and capable D-MAX ever
- Bold and dynamic, the X-TERRAIN features exclusive dark grey 18-inch metallic alloys, front and rear underbody spoilers, fender flares, aero sports bar, under rail tub liner and matte black roller tonneau, as well as an unique paint finish
- Trimmed with lavish premium leather and black finishes, the X-TERRAIN is fully equipped with previously unseen levels of comfort and connectivity features, including a 9-inch infotainment system with DAB+, Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®
- Standard with Isuzu’s Intelligent Driver Assistance System (IDAS), with AEB with Turn Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitoring, Bi-LED Headlights, Intuitive Windshield Wipers and much more
- Powered by Isuzu’s legendary 3-Litre turbo-diesel, 140kW and 450Nm powertrain, with 6-speed Automatic Transmission and Terrain Command 4×4
- Available 1st September 2020, from only $58,990 drive away, backed by a 6 Year Warranty, up to 7 Years Roadside Assistance and 7 Year Capped Price Servicing program.
As Utes in general continue the morphing from pure work vehicles into family practical transport, the demand for increased safety and comfort features pushes the boundaries. The Isuzu Ute D-MAX X-TERRAIN is aimed at providing premium levels of these features. On sale from September 1 at Isuzu Ute dealers, the X-TERRAIN is the best Ute Isuzu has produced so far.
“Designed with the feedback from the local Australian owners, Dealers and the Media, our flagship X-TERRAIN builds on the All-New D-MAX Range, combining uncompromised levels of capability with the latest in innovation, safety and technology,” said Isuzu UTE Australia Managing Director, Hiroyasu Sato.
“Not only is it Isuzu’s most advanced ute ever, it’s the best-looking; with a bold and muscular stance, and exclusive design elements that evoke a sense of toughness and dynamism from all angles. We’re proud to have combined our extensive suite of standard inclusions from the All-New range, with additional levels of comfort, technology and aesthetics”.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Exterior
X-TERRAIN takes on a bolder, wider stance and bolsters the exterior with
- darkened treatments throughout new front, side and rear spoilers,
- 18-inch alloy wheels,
- fender flares,
- side steps,
- roof rails,
- trademark Isuzu horizontal grille.
- Choice of eight colours, including an exclusive Volcanic Amber metallic
- aggressively angled Bi-LED headlights with LED daytime running lights (DRL) and LED fog lights
- aero sports bar and
- roller tonneau cover and tub liner.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Interior
Inside, the interior has been finessed with much focus on occupant comfort and higher levels of standard equipment, premium textures and finishes. Elegant silver and piano black treatments blend with the lavish leather-accented upholstery and black roof-lined interior, add some prestigious touches.
The interior trim is modern and ergonomic, with:
- 8-way power assisted, leather-accented driver’s seat with power lumbar support,
- thick premium-leather bound steering wheel—equipped with reach and rake adjustment,
- new 9-inch high-definition infotainment system, featuring,
- voice recognition,
- in-built Sat-Nav,
- DAB+ radio, and
- the latest in smartphone mirroring with Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®—allowing the driver a full hands-free experience whilst on the road.
- A new 4.2-inch Multi-Information Display relays vital vehicle data such as
- digital speedo,
- fuel data,
- current speed zone and
- Sat-Nav directions.
Elevating the journey experience for all occupants is a premium 8-speaker surround sound system and dual zone air conditioning,with rear passengers also benefiting from rear air vents.
Convenience is further enhanced on the D-MAX X-TERRAIN, with the welcomed addition of a new Smart Key that provides, Remote Engine Start, Smart Keyless Entry, Push Button Start, Welcome Light, and Walk Away Door Lock.
Remote Engine Start takes convenience and comfort to the next level, allowing the driver to remotely start the engine and allow the dual zone air conditioning system to cool or warm the cabin, before stepping inside.
Added security protocols scan for the Smart Key and keep the doors locked, preventing unauthorised entry to the cabin, whilst Remote Engine Start is in use.
When the key holder walks within 2 meters of the X-TERRAIN, the Welcome Light in the cabin will automatically turn on. But when they leave X-TERRAIN, the Walk Away Door Lock will automatically lock the car when the D-MAX detects the Smart Key is over 3 meters away.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Engine and Drivetrain
Built with Isuzu’s commercial vehicle DNA, featuring an all-new high-tensile steel body and ladder-frame chassis, this new flagship model is powered by Isuzu’s famed 3-litre turbo-diesel engine (4JJ3-TCX), now generating 140kW of power and 450Nm of torque.
With more torque across a wider range, the engine is paired with an intuitive 6-speed automatic transmission, with dual-range Terrain Command 4×4.
Boasting a Gross Vehicle Mass capacity of 3,100kg, a Gross Combination Mass capacity of 5,950kg and 3.5-tonne towing capacity, the X-TERRAIN has the brawns to load-it-up or hitch-it-up for a week filled with hard work, or a weekend filled with incontestable adventure.
While adding a hearty serve of off-road capability and prowess, the X-TERRAIN measures up with a sizeable 240mm of ground clearance, an electromagnetic rear differential lock and 800mm water wading depth—which is up there with the best in its class.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Safety
X-TERRAIN comes standard with Isuzu’s Intelligent Driver Assistance System (IDAS), an advanced suite of driver safety and assistance technologies, which has elevated the All-New D-MAX range to one of the safest Utes on Australian roads.
Utilising a state-of-the-art Hitachi 3D Stereo Camera that actively detects other motorists, pedestrians and cyclists, the D-MAX X-TERRAIN features the latest in autonomous, active and passive safety features.
Headlining the list of standard IDAS technologies is:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with Turn Assist,
- Adaptive Cruise Control,
- Traffic Sign Recognition,
- Blind Spot Monitoring,
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert,
- Lane Keep Assist,
- 8-airbags including a knee and first-in-class, centre airbag and
- many more potentially life-saving features.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN Owner benefits
Backed with confidence, the D-MAX X-TERRAIN comes standard with Isuzu UTE Australia’s comprehensive ownership care package program, Service Plus 6-7-7; encompassing a 6 Year/150,000km Warranty, up to 7 Years Roadside Assistance when serviced through IUA Dealers and 7 Year Capped Price Servicing (CPS) program.
D-MAX X-TERRAIN highlights:
- 3 litre Turbo diesel engine (4JJ3-TCX) with 140kW and 450Nm, 6-speed auto, 4×4 drivetrain with rear diff-lock
- 3-leaf standard rear suspension
- Leather-accented upholstery with leatherette across interior trims
- Premium leather steering wheel and gear knob
- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support
- 9-inch infotainment display with Sat-Nav, Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®, with 8-speakers
- Remote engine start – embedded with security measures to prevent unauthorised entry and theft
- Smart Entry and Start – smart proximity key allows for true, keyless entry and start/stop at a push of a button
- Walk Away Door Lock – automatically locks when it senses the driver is away from the D-MAX
- Welcome Light – the cabin interior will automatically light up when the Smart key is detected within 2-meters of the D-MAX
- Piano black interior trims with satin silver highlights
- Dark grey metallic treatment throughout: side steps, mirrors, door, tailgate handle, roof rails and fender flares
- Under rail tub liner
- Matt black roller tonneau cover
- Aero sports bar
- Front and rear underbody spoilers
- Front and Rear Park Sensors
- Exclusive Isuzu dark grey metallic front grille
- Exclusive ‘X’ badging
- 18” dark grey metallic alloy wheels with 265/60R18 Bridgestone 684II HT
- Available in Marble White pearl, Magnetic Red mica and Volcanic Amber metallic in addition to the standard range of paint finishes
X-TERRAIN has been engineered to be the epitome of the modern ute, combining the workhorse capability with premium levels of comfort, convenience and specification. The All-New Isuzu D-MAX X-TERRAIN will be available from Isuzu UTE Australia Dealerships from 1st September 2020, priced from $58,990 drive away.