Volkswagen Caddy California Maxi , the next generation of its ever-popular camper range, is available to order online now, priced from $54,990 RRP, for deliveries in Q1 2022.
- Available to order online now
- Small van, big adventures – small Caddy van the perfect weekender, while remaining a versatile workhorse
- TDI320: 90kW/320Nm diesel engine, 7-speed DSG as standard
Caddy California Maxi Details
In a year many Australians would rather forget, with overseas travel restricted and more time spent at home than anywhere else, the local travel market continues to see an increase in Australians getting out (when they can) and exploring their own backyards.
With the arrival of the fifth generation of Volkswagen’s venerable Caddy van and people movers arriving in dealerships, the Caddy range will also offer a new California camper van variant. Built off the Caddy Maxi people mover variant, the Caddy California makes use of an extended LWB platform, while still maintaining the inherent benefits of a small van.
Powered by an efficient 90kW diesel engine good for 320Nm mated to a seven-speed DSG transmission, the Caddy California Maxi shares the same power and drivetrain as the standard Caddy Maxi variant, which also come with a suite of the latest safety, convenience and entertainment technology.
Standard features highlights include a newly designed dash and instrument cluster featuring a multi-colour digital cockpit, a leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel, two-zone Climatronic climate control air conditioning, an 8.25-inch colour touchscreen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto connectivity, and DAB+ digital radio.
On the outside, the Caddy California Maxi is just as striking as any of the new generation Caddy variants, with only the ‘California’ badging setting the camper model apart, however on the inside it is a completely different story. Upon arriving at the camp site, the everyday Caddy Maxi workhorse transforms into a stylish and practical weekend warrior, with folding seats that transform into a double bed, darkening curtains for the windscreen, doors, tailgate and optional panoramic sunroof; two ventilation grids with integrated flyscreen for driver and front passenger windows, two storage bags for the rear windows and drawers under the front seats. A fold-out table and two chairs ensures the campsite is all set for a leisurely stay.
Ryan Davies, Director of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Australia, believed the Caddy California had great potential.
“We know our Australian customers love a Volkswagen camper, that’s been seen recently with the resounding success of our Multivan California, and with the previous generation Caddy Beach,” Mr. Davies said.
“With the new generation Caddy we have an opportunity to once again offer a turn-key customer solution, that is every bit a Volkswagen. Just in time for Australia’s expected return to summer road-tripping,” he continued.
The fifth generation Caddy is on sale now via online and Volkswagen’s national dealer network. The Caddy California Maxi is available to order online now, with customer deliveries expected for Q1 2022.
Like all Volkswagens, the entire Caddy range comes with a 5-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, capped-priced servicing every calendar year, optional three and five-year pre-paid service packs and the option to purchase under the flexible Volkswagen Choice guaranteed future value program.
Caddy California Maxi
7 Speed DSG
- Multi-colour digital cockpit
- Composition radio system with 8.25-inch colour touch screen with AppConnect~
- 2 x USB-C ports
- DAB+ Digital radio reception
- Central locking system with keyless start
- Front, side, curtain & centre airbags for driver and front passenger
- Seat trim in Double Grid fabric
- Front seats with height adjustment, 4-way adjustable lumbar support, seat cushion tilt and depth adjustment
- Dash panel with multiple stowage compartments and illuminated glove box
- Roof gallery with storage tray
- Matte infotainment system trim
- Carpet floor covering in cab
- Centre console with height-adjustable centre armrest, stowage compartment and two drink holders
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- 12 V socket in the front of the centre console
- Sun visors with mirrors
- Auto-dimming breakaway interior rear-view mirror
- Five Seats (5)
- Curtain airbag for outer seats in rear
- Seat trim in Double Grid fabric
- Carpet floor covering
- 3-seater bench seat in the second seating row, split at a ratio of 2/3 to 1/3, can be folded, double-folded and removed separately
- Child seat anchors (ISOFIX) (except centre seat in 2nd row) and top tether on all seats
- LED reading light in passenger compartment
- Electric child proof lock for sliding doors, lockable from the front cabin
- Luggage compartment
- Lifting tailgate with rear heated window and wiper
- Luggage compartment cover
- LED tailgate surround lighting
- 12-V outlet in load compartment
- Folding table on the back of the seats in the 1st row of seats
- Climatronic two-zone air conditioning system incl.
- AirCare – 74% light-absorbing glass in rear side windows and rear window
- Sun visors with ticket pockets and mirrors
- Heat-insulating windows
- Trailer hitch preparation