When you are thinking about smaller AWD SUV’s the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman usually isn’t the first that springs to mind. However this largely under appreciated SUV should be in buyers thoughts if they are after a sporty, surprisingly practical, stylish Urban AWD SUV.
The highlights of the announcement about pricing and features are:
- Range-topping MINI John Cooper Works Countryman priced from $56,900 plus on-roads
- The Countryman is the fourth current-generation MINI to receive the JCW treatment, joining the 3-door, Convertible, and Clubman
- The JCW Countryman combines the 170kW JCW engine with MINI’s All4 intelligent all-wheel-drive system
- Standard specification includes eight-speed sports automatic transmission with paddle shift, flagship JCW sports seats in Dinamica/Leather, JCW sports perforated leather steering wheel with contrast red stitching, 12-speaker Harman/Kardon HiFi system, MINI Navigation System Professional, Head-Up display, 19-inch JCW Course Spoke wheels, and 17-inch high-performance Brembo brake package
- Six-speed manual transmission offered as a no-cost option
More details are: –
The 170kW/350Nm MINI TwinPower turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine is capable of propelling the JCW Countryman to 100km/h in 6.5 seconds, with either the eight-speed sports automatic transmission or six-speed manual, available to enthusiasts as a no-cost option.
Combined fuel consumption sits at 7.8L/100km for the manual and 7.4L/100km for the automatic, with the driving experience personalised via three selectable driving modes: Normal, Sport or Green.
The high-performance 17-inch Brembo brake package comes as standard, nestled behind the 19-inch JCW Course Spoke light alloy wheels. The exterior is highlighted with a piano black finish to the roof rails and side sill mouldings, while JCW side scuttles add further differentiation. The JCW-specific dual exhaust pipes are given a chrome finish.
Exclusive JCW touches continue inside the JCW Countryman, with front passengers welcomed into Dinamica/Leather-trimmed JCW sports seats as the driver grips a three-spoke JCW sports leather multi-function steering wheel.
The latest in the MINI Countryman family showcases the high level of standard specification expected in this model, with a particular emphasis on safety:
- Active Cruise Control, functional from 0-140km/h with Stop and Go Function
- Driver Assist package
- Comfort Access
- Hands free auto tailgate operation
- Front and rear Park Distance Control with Parking Assistant
Specific MINI JCW Countryman content includes:
- Revised turbocharger, pistons and exhaust system
- Performance control to reduce understeer and increase traction and stability while cornering
- Red grille insert surround
- JCW-specific door sills, gear shift lever, instrumentation, and stainless steel sports pedals
- ‘Hazy Grey’ interior surfaces
- Anthracite roof headliner
- Rear seat armrests
- 12-speaker Harman/Kardon HiFi system
- MINI Navigation System Professional
- Head-Up display with JCW-specific content (driving speed, navigation info, phone and audio lists, engine revs, gear indicator, shift point)
- Speed Limit Information
- LED headlights
On top of the impressive level of standard specification, there are a number of available optional equipment packages. The Climate package adds a panoramic electric glass roof, sun protection glazing, and heated driver and front passenger seats, while other options include the interior and external mirror package, the luggage compartment separating net, and the tyre pressure monitoring system.
Warranty and Servicing
All new MINIs are covered by a three year/unlimited kilometre warranty, while service and selected maintenance costs can now be covered by a single, one-off advance payment with MINI Service Inclusive.
MINI Service Inclusive offers two packages, Basic and Plus. Basic provides scheduled servicing cover, while Plus combines scheduled servicing and selected maintenance items.
MINI Service Inclusive takes care of scheduled servicing costs for five years or 80,000km, whichever comes first. MINI Service Inclusive plan provides a long term solution enabling cover to be extended and transferred to future vehicle owners before expiry.
*Manufacturer’s Recommended List Price is shown and includes GST and Luxury Car Tax (LCT) – if applicable, but excludes dealer charges, stamp duty, statutory charges and on-road charges, which are additional and vary between dealers and States/Territories. Customers are advised to contact their nearest MINI dealer for all pricing inquiries.
We will bring you a full road test soon on the MINI JCW Countryman, stay tuned 🙂
2012/13 OzRoamer 4x4 Dual Cab of the Year Award Introducing the best Dual Cab utes in a no holds bar...
Mopar is showcasing a selection of its 200-plus product portfolio for the all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangle...
The Jeep® and Mopar brands have once again joined forces to create seven new, custom-built concept v...