Welcome to the OzRoamer 2013 Awards Special Edition Magazine. We have redesigned the magazine in line with the overwhelming requests from readers and subscribers. This is back to where we started many years ago with an online e-magazine. Its funny how tastes change.
Most e-magazines are simply the normal magazine placed online however the new format OzRoamer Magazine is specifically designed for tablets, e-readers and smart phones. Research shows that the majority of e-magazines are read on one or more of those pieces of hardware and so the older style magazines just don’t work as well. The beauty of this style is that you don’t have to scroll up and down the page to read in columns like a printed magazine. The articles just flow across the page in line with your normal reading patterns .
We announce our winners for the 2013 Awards in 11 categories. Our belief is that buyers have a particular category they are looking for a vehicle in. What they want is to compare vehicles within that category and see which is the best. It’s all very well to declare a ‘4WD COTY’ that comes from all market segments however what relevance is that to car buyers. Is a buyer really going to directly compare an Isuzu D Max to a Toyota Landcruiser Sahara? I don’t think so! That is how we have designed our awards for a number of years now. As usual we are focused on you our readers and what makes buying decisions easier for you.
In December there seems to be a buzz around the Car Of The Year Awards (COTY). Like Christmas carols in shopping malls, the announcement of annual awards from the motoring magazines and websites also gets earlier each year. In an effort to beat each other we may end up with the situation where the Cars of the Year will be announced in June. I suppose that mixes well with Christmas in July.
However it has always struck us here at OzRoamer as just a little strange that COTY winners should be announced before the year is actually finished. So as we always seem to do things just a little differently here at OzRoamer to give our readers maximum information and benefit, our awards for 2013 are announced in this issue. This way we can actually assess all relevant vehicles for our awards. We also have reviews on each of the 11 category winners.
In this edition we rate over 150 new 4WD & AWD SUV’s for towing and off road ability, this is the most comprehensive rating in the country. If you need a product or service try our OzRoamer Business Directory listings. If you like this new magazine style let us know, the normal OzRoamer magazine will be on sale every two months from March/April 2014. Cheers for now!
The criteria for our awards is simple
• The vehicle must be currently available for sale to the general public
• The vehicle must meet the criteria for its category
• Final contenders are selected by the panel
• Each vehicle is subjectively and objectively measured against its competitors in the category and the one with the most
• That the judging criteria reflects real life situations because you our readers buy these vehicles for use in similar situations.
• That the awards assist our readers make educated buying decisions, and
• Advertising dollars and marketing hype doesn’t sway the eventual winners or even the contenders
Pricing comes from the industry website redbook.com.au with a Sydney 2000 postcode as the standard. The categories , we think, reflect real world buying decisions. If you feel we have left a worthwhile contender out please let us know for next year. So to the categories and contenders! This year there are 11 categories and over 50 contenders for various awards.
OzRoamer 2013 Sports SUV Award
• Audi Q5 SQ5 TDi
• Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
• Subaru Forester XT Premium
• BMW X5 M50d
• Porsche Cayenne GTS
OzRoamer 2013 Dual Cab Ute Award
• Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R
• Nissan Navara D40 STX 550
• Holden Colorado LTZ
• Isuzu D Max LST
• Ford Ranger XLT
• Mazda BT50 XTR
OzRoamer 2013 4WD under $60,000 Award
• Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6 Diesel
• Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
• Toyota FJ Cruiser
• Suzuki Grand Vitara Diesel
• Mitsubishi Pajero GLX
OzRoamer 2013 4WD over $60,000 Award
• Toyota LC70 GXL Wagon V8 Diesel
• Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 Diesel
• Toyota GX 200 Landcruiser V8 Diesel
• VW Touareg V6 Tdi
OzRoamer 2013 AWD SUV under $60,000 Award
• Mazda CX5 GT 2.2 DTD
• Kia Sportage Platinum 2.0R CRDi
• Hyundai ix35 Highlander 2.0R CRDi
• Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire DiD Premium
• Ford Kuga Trend TF 2.0 DT
OzRoamer 2013 AWD SUV over $60,000 Award
• BMW X3 xDrive 3.0d
• Audi Q5 3.0TDi
• Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Teknik
• Range Rover Evoque TD4 Prestige
OzRoamer 2013 7 Seat 4WD under $60,000 Award
• Mitsubishi Challenger LS
• Holden Colorado 7 LTZ
• Isuzu MU-X LST
• Mitsubishi Pajero GLXR
OzRoamer 2013 7 Seat 4WD over $60,000 Award
• Toyota Landcruiser GXL Diesel
• Toyota Prado Kakadu Turbo Diesel
• Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed DiD
• Nissan Patrol ST-L
OzRoamer2013 7 Seat AWD SUV under $60,000 Award
• Kia Sorento Platinum 2.2R CRDi
• Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander 2.2R CRDi
• Ford Territory TX AWD 2.7L V6 CRD
• Toyota Kluger KX-S V6
OzRoamer 2013 7 Seat AWD SUV $60,000 Award
• Mazda CX9 GT
• Ford Territory Titanium AWD 2.7L V6 CRD
• Toyota Kluger Grande V6
• Volvo XC90
OzRoamer 2013 Prestige SUV over $100,000 Award
• Porsche Cayenne S
• Lexus LX570 V8
• Mercedes Benz ML500
• Mercedes Benz GL350 Blue TEC
• Range Rover Vogue TDV6HSE
To find out the winners simply read the following pages and maybe there are a few surprises there.
For the PDF VERSION [buynow_button link=product/ozroamer-2013-awards-special-edition-magazine]
It has been a long time between drinks for Holden since they have had a capable 4WD wagon but now th...
Narva has made high performance lighting more affordable than ever with the release of its new 35W U...
Kia have taken the opportunity to redesign the third generation Sorento. KIA now offer their 7 year ...