Perhaps one of Kona’s most unusual and some say coolest features is Hyundai Auto Link, technology that connects your car’s smart computer to your mobile phone via Bluetooth, keeping track of your car’s performance and providing analytical information to enable you to get more out of life with your Kona.
Being an older version of a driver, my immediate question was why didn’t they make all this information available within the cars MFD, rather than have another App on your phone, especially as drivers aren’t meant to touch their phone while driving. However I was politely reminded that I was approaching a dinosaur and that intended buyers will ‘LOVE’ this feature.
Hyundai Auto Link offers seamless access to everything from real-time vehicle diagnostics, including tyre pressure monitoring and vehicle ‘health-check’ status, to driving history statistics, parking management, and easy service scheduling and automatic access to roadside assistance if required.
Hyundai Auto Link contains a number of features including:
- Driving Information – Displays current distance, current travel time, today’s distance, today’s travel time, fuel efficiency, and fuel consumption
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring – Displays the individual pressure status of each tyre on the vehicle (if the tyre pressure is not within the standard tolerances, the tyre pressure will be displayed in red)
- Driving History – Provides the owner’s driving history including arrival time, maximum speed, average speed, average fuel efficiency, fuel consumption, rapid acceleration, hard braking, distance and travel time
- Crowd comparison – Allows the user to compare their efficient driving skills with other Kona owners
- Parking Management – Provides parked vehicle location and parking time reminders
- RSA (Roadside assistance) – Allows the user to contact RSA directly if a problem occurs with their vehicle
- Statistics (ECO Driving) – Provides statistics of the user’s driving pattern (results can be viewed either daily, weekly or monthly)
- Statistics (Speed) – Provides statistics for the vehicle’s speed pattern
- Vehicle Health Check – Checks the vehicle’s status and if a problem is detected, it can connect the phone to Hyundai Customer Care
- Vehicle Health Report – Provides a vehicle health report (listed by date order)
- Maintenance – Tracks consumable parts and provides service reminders
- Hyundai Dealer Network – Displays dealer information on the map and allows the user to select their preferred dealer
- Message Box – A messaging system to allow contact from your preferred Hyundai dealer or Hyundai Customer Care
- Map – Provides your current or searched locations on a map
- myHyundai – Hyundai Auto Link is linked with the myHyundai website to provide you with convenient functions for your vehicle
The NX 200t (t is for turbocharged) comes in an extensive 4 spec range, however, here at OzRoamer we...
The all new Toyota Hilux SUV-like cabin will feature an interior that is tough and functional for th...
Toyota has long reigned supreme in the world of rugged robust work Utes. The LC70 single Cab Chassis...